Town of Hudson is currently recruiting for qualified applicants for Water and Wastewater Systems Foreman
Why work at the Town of Hudson?
- See your work make an impact on the community.
- Our close knit workplace puts an emphasis on work life balance.
- We provide opportunities for cross training, career growth, and employee development.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits including holiday bonus, up to 100% employer paid healthcare premiums, and retirement plan match.
Under the direction of the Public Works Director, this position performs as the Operator in Responsible Charge (ORC) for the Town’s water and sewer utilities and assists the Public Works Department in other functions as needed.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Town’s water and wastewater infrastructure including the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Supervises staff assigned to water and wastewater utilities.
- Responsible for the continued training of all Public Works Department staff in their pursuit of water and wastewater licensure.
- Performs a variety of maintenance and repair work assignments.
- Perform a variety of general labor and maintenance tasks including the installation, repair and reading of water meters.
- Assist licensed operators in the repair and maintenance of water or wastewater lines and facilities.
- Perform general janitorial or maintenance duties relating to Town facilities and streets, including snow removal, as assigned.
- Identify equipment and material needs for assigned project. Operate hand and power tools, as well as mobile equipment and maintain inventory of parts and equipment used.
- Perform regular grounds maintenance at Town facilities.
- Communicate with the public regarding public works activities with a high level of customer service. Responds to customer complaints and inquiries.
- Independently complete assignments and resolve problems under general supervision.
- Maintain and complete required paperwork, records, and reports related to assigned work activities.
- Rotating on-call duty as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; equivalent experience or training may be substituted.
- Minimum 3 years of previous water and/or wastewater utility experience.
- Must possess a Colorado Wastewater Collection Class 1 license.
- Must possess a Colorado Wastewater Treatment Class B license.
- Must possess a Colorado Water Treatment Class B license.
- Must possess a Colorado Water Distribution Class 2.
- Must possess and maintain a current Colorado driver’s license; Class B CDL preferred at time of hire or must obtain within the first 12 months of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of common tools and materials used in construction and maintenance work is highly desired.
- The ability to perform a variety of semiskilled maintenance and repair tasks; mechanical aptitude; ability to perform task outdoors in a variety of climatic conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, other employees, and the public.
- Ability to use computer for SCADA monitoring.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to maintain neat and legible records.
Directly supervises assigned staff. Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with Town policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WHAT OUR ORGANIZATION IS PROVIDING
- Expected hiring range of $38.46 - $48.08 per hour ($80,000 - $100,000 annually)
- The Town of Hudson conducts an annual salary review and adjustment
- Competitive wages and annual holiday discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive health insurance with generous employer contribution
- Choice of Anthem PPO and HSA Medical plans
- Guardian Dental
- Guardian Vision
- Employer paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- 457 deferred compensation retirement plan
Open Until Filled
All Town of Hudson employees are required to pass a criminal background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
Town of Hudson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Town of Hudson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Town of Hudson will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants for failing to disclose wage history in accordance with applicable law.
Town of Hudson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Town of Hudson employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.